Canadians are more and more concerned about environmental issues such as the quality of the air they breath and increasing emissions of greenhouse gases. Harmful air emissions are serious and affect our health, our environment, our economy and our quality of life.
Below are 10 good reasons to consider building or renovating green.
For more information on each measure, please click to expand.
1. Buildings cost less to operate and maintain resulting in increased profit
2. Excellent return on investment
3. Higher rents & asset value
4. Attract tenants quicker and reduce turnover
5. Improved indoor air quality
6. Enhance occupant’s health and well-being, improving their productivity
7. Increased longevity for equipment
8. Model Citizen Status
9. Better prepared for future energy volatility
10. Leave a better heritage to our children